INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Acadian Woods 3pc Treestick  (Read 172 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Acadian Woods 3pc Treestick
« on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »
I've admired the looks of these bows for sometime now but have never had a chance to shoot one. I bought one from Murray Landry who was selling it only because he was having another built...and now I know why. Acadian Woods 3pc Treestick takedown longbow, 62", 65#@27".

This is one awesome bow fellers. Not only is it an excellent performer, but it's very stable and extremely easy to hit with. Handshock much more like a fine recurve than a longbow, meaning...if there is any, I can't feel it. Superb workmanship, gorgeous lines and attention to detail.

The unique raised radius shelf made me wonder if it moved the arrow too far above my grip and would give me fits like other elevated rests have in the recent past. Not the case with this design, it does however minimize the contact patch with the arrow and really seems to aid arrow flight.

The only negative I have to say about the bow is it's grip is very blocky for my small hands. With a little work on it however, this problem evaporated and left me with a bow that I would be hard pressed to replace for anything but another of it's kind.

If you get the chance, I would highly suggest shooting one. But be forewarned, if you do, I bet you'll be diggin in your pockets to come up with the asking price.

*note, these pics are after the grip reduction.

"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Acadian Woods 3pc Treestick
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »
After a couple of weeks with this bow, I have to reiterate what a fantistic weapon it is. Not since my go-to Morrison takedown have I had a bow my hand that I could hit as effortlessly with. I don't have my chrono out of storage yet, but I'm shooting 585gr (9gr/lb) and have no trouble switching back and forth between it and my Morrison at 9.6gr/lb.

Lovely lines, very smooth, very forgiving, and extremely quiet.

Super design Mr. Mullins, thank you very much for sharing it with the rest of us  :readit:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline TheArc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »
We have similar tastes in bows. My top two are my Morrison Shawnee with Arapaho and Dakota Limbs and my TD Treestick which I just got a second pair of Carbon Reflex recurve limbs with oretty much all the extras. Did you mention his bows are art in motion? Almost too nice for the woods, almost:)
"And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break." Rev. Clark Griswold

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
ditto! worth every penny!  :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©