INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ed Mikuta Custom Longbows  (Read 227 times)

Offline woodchucker

• Trad Bowhunter
Ed Mikuta Custom Longbows
« on: July 22, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
I have been a member here for a few years now and I have just found this forum  :knothead:  

I would like to let everyone know of a very fine,but relativly unknown bowyer named Ed Mikuta from Rome,N.Y. He makes a hybrid style R/D longbow and he also makes a T/D recurve,and also a "little longbow" for kids. Myself,my wife,and my 2 sons all shoot Ed's longbows and these are what I will tell you folks about.

Ed's longbows are a hybrid R/D design,with a recurve style grip with a pronounced thumb rest (simular to a Big East or a Fedora design,but NOT a copy) This style grip provides positive hand placement EVERY time. I grew up shooting recurves but have always wanted to shoot a longbow.No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get used to shooting a "Hill style" grip longbow.Ed's design is like the best of both worlds.It is as easy to shoot as a recurve yet a quiet shooting as a longbow.

If you are thinking of making the switch from a recurve to a longbow,you might want to consider one of Ed's longbows.If your interested you can contact Joe Skipp.Joe is a sponsor here,and is a dealer for Mikuta bows,He is also a great guy to do business with and I am honored to have him as a friend.

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows    :archer:
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©