INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Northern Mist Longbows  (Read 229 times)

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Northern Mist Longbows
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »
I received my Northern Mist Superior Long bow on June 25th 2006.  The bow is a modern reflex deflex design, with the core and handle woods made of maple.  She has a beautiful red/brown stain with a clear matte glass finish.  It is 66” long and draws 58lbs @ 28 inches. The bow came with a special 12 strand fast flight string with 14 strands on the loops.  The handle and side plate are leather stained in the same red/brown as the limbs.

I have a 29 inch draw and I shot the bow using both 2018 aluminum arrows cut to 31 inches using 145 grain tips with 3 shield fletchings @ 5 & ½ inches long and Cedar shafts spined for 60 to 65 pounds with 125 grain tips with 3 shield fletchings @ 5&1/2 inches long, these where cut to 29.5 inches in length..  She seemed to shoot both arrows equally as accurate as the other, however she appeared to like the cedar arrows better, at least it felt like it to me.

The bow is very easy and smooth to draw and has very little hand shock; she has that uncanny ability to make you want to keep shooting it over and over.  The bow is very forgiving and user friendly, it is an actual joy to shoot.  She is very light in weight; so if you don’t like light weight bows you will need to add a bow quiver to give it some weight, but I prefer to carry the feather weight bow just the way she is.

The bow is a direct reflection of its maker’s attitude; you can’t help but like them both.  Steve Turay the owner is a top notch bow maker as well as a top notch person.  I would highly recommend a Northern Mist Long bow to a potential buyer.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Northern Mist Longbows
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »
Congats and enjoy your new bow.

Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »
Steve Turay at Northern Mist makes some mighty fine bows and gives great customer service as well. I have 2 of his Baraga model longbows. They have a mild R/D design. When strung they maintain the typical longbow "D" shape. I've tried many different longbows but always go back to my Baraga.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
AnointedArcher,

Congratulations on your new bow! Can we see pictures?

Bob
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©