INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Gerber Carnivore blood light  (Read 126 times)

Offline beyondmyken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gerber Carnivore blood light
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:05:00 AM »
I tested this light in my woods by using ketchup and some of my blood.  The combo of blue and red LED does make blood stand out well(almost a phosphorescent character) but it also makes any red or certain shades of brown stand out well too. Sometimes I had to rotate the light in my hand to get the blood to stand out best.  As the blood dried, it did not stand out as well.  Certain shades of orange (marigolds) appeared as an incredibly vibrant red color.  The xenon light was very bright and cast a good beam compared to my other xenon flashlights.  In summary, it does not distinquish blood red from other reds.  I think this light would be an aid to someone who is red/green color blind or someone who is not a good blood tracker.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gerber Carnivore blood light
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
thanks for the revies, I was wondering about these myself.  I guess they may have their merrits, but not all the manufacturer claims.  Has anyone tried a black light, I have seen them advertised in flashlight form recently, supposed to make the blood glow.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Smilingg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
That's a useful review of a product, Beyondmyken. Thanks.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Thanks Alan
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©