INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: cactus cal's "saguaro" longbow  (Read 122 times)

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
cactus cal's "saguaro" longbow
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »
i just wanted to say a few words about this fine product.i am fond of the reverse grip longbows,and after thinking about one for about a year i decided to have one made.i had been keeping track of calvins bows for awhile and had only heard good things,plus his lead time was about four weeks so i took the plunge.my requirements were 58" length,50# at 28",bocote riser,mesquite accent stripe,and black locust limbs,bamboo core,horn tips,the bow arrived yesterday,five weeks from the day i placed the order.the craftsmanship is superb,but,the way this bow performs is unbeleivable,cal had sent me cronograph results for a 400 gr.arrow,they were averageing 203.5,the combo that worked for me was a xx75 1916 weighing 473 gr.and it put them downrange with authority,plus the bow is so quiet and dead in the hand,it only took 1/2 a cat whisker to completely tame it down,my brace is 7 1/16,and i never moved the string nock from were cal had put it for his test,i was busting nocks at twenty yards,plus this is the smoothest drawing bow i have ever pulled,the only one that came close was an acadian classic recurve.and i have owned some of the best to be bought in the last few years.for anyone wanting a great bow at a short lead time,you might want to give calvin a call,www.cactuscalslongbows.com.509-760-4770.i was not disapointed,and i don't think you will be.regards,robert
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: cactus cal's "saguaro" longbow
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
foot note,i set up my chronograph today and put the "saguaro" to my test,i'm shooting a xx75 1916,28.75,5" feathers,conventional nocks,125 gr.points,total weight,470-473,grains,at my 27 1/2 28" draw on this 50# @ 28" bow i got average,186.80,and 183.and,184.48,fps,this was 3 seven shot spreads.2016s,495.gr. averaged,174.5,2018s,555.grs,averaged,167,not shabby for a 50# bow and finger release,braced at 7"
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©