INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: fedora bows and recommedations on custom bows  (Read 147 times)

Online Magwa45

• Trad Bowhunter
fedora bows and recommedations on custom bows
« on: June 02, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
I just got an old Bear Kodiak Magnum to get back into recurves. After shooting a compound for a few years, it had become too easy. I just love shooting instinctively again. So now I am thinking about a custom bow, doing research and putting in an order sometime over the next year. I like what I have heard about Fedora online, but would like to hear more about their bows. Since they are not far away from me, I may travel up there soon. I have heard their bows are pretty fast and custom made to fit your hand. Whatever you can tell, I am glad for your input.
Don in MD

KIMSHA Archery Mattawoman II Longbow
Jet Archery "Jaguar"

Online Magwa45

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: fedora bows and recommedations on custom bows
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
Sorry, I did not read the post about Q@A forums. Many apologies!
Don in MD

KIMSHA Archery Mattawoman II Longbow
Jet Archery "Jaguar"

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
I have a similar bow to the Fedora's. The best thing about it, it cost about $300 less then one of his with the same wood. I am very much sure that it shoots just as good and is just as quiet.

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »
I just got a Fedora extreme at Sawmill and love it.  Mike spent an hour or more coaching me one on one prior to me even thinking about buying a bow from him.  The bow is fast, no handshock and whisper quiet.  Once I committed to looking for a bow he then took the time to find one that I liked, could afford and fit me.  Just from the hour or so of coaching, my shooting has improved dramatically.  He's about 1 1/2 hrs. from me and I am planning on taking lessons from him. Just my 2 cents worth.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
i just bought a fedora extreme off of this site a couple of weeks ago,i can't remember how many longbows i have bought after i switched over from recurves,but the search is over,this bow does it all for me,looks,shooting,ect,i now have a keeper.i am sure you could do worse.jmo.robert
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Online Bill Turner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
If you are that close to Mike Fedora you would be foolish to not take a look at his work and pick his brain. He will be happy to help you make a wise decision. You can bet that he will have bows in stock that you can shoot. It will be time well spent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©