INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Shell's back Quiver (SticShooter's lil Mrs.)  (Read 184 times)

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
Shell's back Quiver (SticShooter's lil Mrs.)
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
I have been meaning to get this done for sometime, but a torn muscle has stopped me from really evaluating in the field.

Shell's quiver is awesome to say the least when judged on appearances. But mine was also Top Notch in terms of quality of materials and construction as well.     quiver pic  I was blown away by the quiver and armguard I received from shell. I also found that others (non bowhunters) admired the handi work at hunt camp for turkey season. I am not so good with words, but can surely recomend Shell for a quiver if someone wants a nice traditional back quiver. The quiver was easy to adjust to size, rides nice and puts the arows out of the way when walking, but easy to reach when needed!!! I am VERY VERY PLEASED with this quiver!!!! Also there is a handy pocket  for those lil things we always need to find a spot fer...
   :bigsmyl:  
Thanks Shell
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shell's back Quiver (SticShooter's lil Mrs.)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
Very Nice indeed and definitely a "Shell" piece of work/art, as we have come to look for from her!!!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mo bo hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
I have to agree 100% i love mine its quality all the way around.
WIDOW PCH 44#
PREADTOR CLASSIC 58#
DREAMCATCHER 50#
BROWNING EXPLORER 35#

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
I agree, you gotta love the attention to detail,quality,form and function of Shell's work! And on top of that, no two quivers, or any of her or Frank's works of art are exactly the same, so you are gauranteed to get a truly one of a kind custom quiver or what have you every time. I am waiting on a custom hip quiver and cheatR knife from them, and the suspense is killing me cause if they are anything like the back quiver and limb bolts they made me......MAN O MAN!

Online Rollie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »
I ALWAYS receive compliments on the back quiver she made for me. Very beautifull and functional too! Highly reccomended!!  :thumbsup:
i-am-n

Offline Badger Matt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
I'll second the comment's on Shell's work.  She's an artist.

Posted this in the wromg place previously...
Sticshooter's wife, Shell, generously offered to turn an arctic fox hide of mine into a quiver for my son...for free for his 13th birthday.  Her work is, to say the least, flawless and gorgeous.  I'm continuously amazed by the kindness shown on this board.

My missus gave me the bow he's holding as a 20th wedding anniversary gift.  I hope to use it next week to take my first big game trad animal -- a black bear in Alaska.

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
yeah it's art!!! Purfect description... even my wife said I should hang it in the living room!!! And she doesn't like any of my outdoors stuff anywhere except my study or the garage...

Thanks again Shell
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »
Dang where the heck was I when she was making this quiver?  :knothead:  I never even seen her making this!  "[moon]"   WOW she really does make you guys really awesome quivers.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©