INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Adcock 3 piece T/D longbow  (Read 238 times)

Offline donb

• Trad Bowhunter
Adcock 3 piece T/D longbow
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
I just received my new bow, a 64" ACS CX model, 50#@28". It has a gray diamondwood and fiberglass handle with the carbon and bamboo limbs. My initial testing at my 48#@27" draw is as follows...645gr arrow 155fps,445gr arrow 188fps. Wow! Fantastic performance. It shoots very quietly even with the light arrow. No wasted energy felt in the hand when shooting. Great service from an outstanding bowyer. For all those waiting on one of these babys, you will not be disappointed. A tip of the hat to O.L Adcock. Thank you sir. Don Buckner
"Lead on!"

Offline donb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Adcock 3 piece T/D longbow
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
"Lead on!"

Offline donb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
"Lead on!"

Offline donb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/donbuckner/Adcock%203%20piece%20TD Sorry this last one is dark. I'm not the greatest photo guy. Plus I am computer challenged.!
"Lead on!"

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »
I have a #46 recurve (I know that it is not a longbow) that is old, and it shoots a 530 grain arrow at 160-165 fps, it doesn't look half as fancy as a Adcock but shoots just as fast and cost 15 times less than his bows. I just think that they are over priced thats all.

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
your bow is pretty nice looking though!

Offline ccollier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
I've had my ACS CX for about 5-6 weeks. All I can say are good things. (64" 50# @ 28" aluminum riser) I draw 27 1/2" shooting a 474gr. Beman MFX wood grain at 188-190 fps. It's worth every penny. I think it's awesome -- O.L. builds a great bow.  Shane Collier

Offline donb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »
Thanks Chris. It is a dainty little bow to pack such a wallop! I understand your comment on the price. I always felt that Black Widows were overpriced because they used to not come in exotic wood which is very costly, and yet they were priced the same as some other big name bows that WERE available in exotics. Of course, they are great bows and each individual has to decide for himself whether a given bow is worth it. Used bows are some of the greatest values out there. I have a Bear Grizzly I bought for $20. Thats a lot of bow for $20. The Adcock is a completely new design that is patented and it stores so much energy and is so efficient that it excites toxophilites like me into buying one!
"Lead on!"

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
I am sure if I had enough money I would get one as well, they are kind of like Black Widows were it is more of a statement to own one even if you cannot shoot it or not, kind of like a big diamond ring I suppose. Not to say that people who own them cannot shoot them I do not want to be flooded with hateful PM's. I love used bows as well. Yard sales are an awsome place to look for them, as well as auctions.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©