INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: morrison recurve  (Read 170 times)

Offline jbuck9

• Trad Bowhunter
morrison recurve
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »
I would like too hear from Morrison recurve shooters,not the shaunee but the straight recurve Bob makes , I know Bob makes all great bows , but never shot one of his recurves and thinking strongly on getting one , thanks too all in advance for your opinions.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: morrison recurve
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »
Many folks love them, especially those who want speed. His bows look nice, but I have not found one that shoots to my liking.   :thumbsup:    )

My partner custom ordered one, but he sold it within a year and went back to shooting his SA Widow. I traded for a used one and also got rid of it within a month.

Before buying, I recommend that you definitely try this bow first.
Lon Scott

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
As with any bow the best way to learn their pros and cons is to shoot and compare them with your own preferences.  With bows its hard to draw conclusions based on others' opinions...because the same bow may feel great to one and awful to another.  I own one and other bows as well, but would highly suggest trying several out at local shoots (folks usually are pretty open about allowing that) to make your own call.  Then you can either order with confidence, or look for another make.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »
I am a huge fan of the Morrison recurve and like it better than the Shawnee.  I currently have three Morrison's...two recurves and one Cougar.  The recurve bow has a deflexed riser geometry which makes it stable and the limb configuration makes it fast.  I brace my Morrison recurves at just under 7 1/2" and they are quiet, fast, and accurate.  

Claudia
Pinecone

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©