INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Thunderhorn Boa quiver  (Read 229 times)

Offline Iron/Mtn

• Trad Bowhunter
Thunderhorn Boa quiver
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »
Just recieved a newly developed  BOA  quiver from the folks at Thunderhorn. The new design includes an adjustment rod between the hood and  arrow grip, rock solid,quite,and the limb attachments with the rubber straps really dampems the vibration, The arrow grip has been designed to give good feather clearance,beautiful leather workmanship. For me they have a  real winner.
Like your Freedom.....Thank a VET.

Offline ironwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thunderhorn Boa quiver
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
I bought one to match my new bw osage with snakeskine and when i got it it looked great but there was a flaw , now when i called and ordered i said i would even pay more if they would pay special attention for it not to have any flaws that i was anal minded when it came to my gear they said alright. then i got well i called them and i spoke with the gentleman that owns it and told him my concerns he was down right rude to me all he said was send it back, i said are you going to make me another one he said no send it back and i will refund your money.the hek with him well anyway i didnt send it back because i didnt trust him to send my hundred and somthing dollars back.thats the first and last time i deal with thunderhorne.

Offline COMBER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »
Ironwood,
I would love to see the flaw? Post some pics if possible. I know for a fact Duane at Thunderhorn would give you your money back. I deal with Duane all thie time and I have never had the slightest problem. It sound's like you've upset the best quiver maker!
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
i have a thunderhorn small fry and i love it!
i'll never use another quiver.duane is the best
quivermaker out there imo.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
I agree with Iron/Mtn, Comer and jdc! For starters...if there is a flaw please post a picture of it. And second...you've got nerve to come on here and "slam" the good people at Thunderhorn. And, you'd be hard pressed to find a better quiver maker. ironwood, no disrespect intended but you should have given this some thought before you started typing. Thunderhorn is a class act.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »
HI ALL I GOT 2 THUNDERHORN BOA QUIVERS COMMING FROM MIKE BIRD A GUY HERE ON TRAD GANG. AND MAN I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THOSE THEY LOOK AWESOME.AND AS SSWV SAID CLASS ACT. CHEERS THUNDERHORN.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
They are a great quivers,love mine.I have a two tone for my longbow and limb bolt model for my T/D recurve.I'd like to get a small fry also.Mine looks perfect.

Offline Iron/Mtn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »
Liked the first one so much went and ordered a second one, with leather what some might call a flaw I call it character  :)  Duane and company good honest folks............Buy a Thunderhorn and you won't be sorry.
Like your Freedom.....Thank a VET.

Offline ironwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
Just to let you know, My post was not intended to be a slam on Thunderhorne.personaly i thought there quivers were beutiful thats why i ordered one.but i wasnt as fortunate as some of you. so thats why i posted my situation on this product reveiw page. (this is product reveiw)? In my opinion it should have been handeled different by Duane.  and to all the name callers this isnt grade school, this is America and im allowed my opinion.

Offline liteandsirens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Ok, ok. Just joking around. I really wish your quiver would have turned out like you wanted it. I know I would have been upset, probably pouting, if mine didnt turn out so nice. Hopefully you will end up with one you love, maybe even give thunderhorn another try. Good luck.

Offline JOSEY-WALES

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
I also got a Boa Straps Quiver.
Leather is beautiful and the straps system is really ok.
I use it on my Sky Hawk TD, and i can also put it on my Bear "montana" longbow.

I would like to have a "Bandolero" bely quiver, but they're pretty expensive here.
J.W

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
I bought a Thunderhorn bow quiver for my matlock longbow a couple of years ago. I really liked the quiver but on that bow sometimes the straps would move a little and low and behold the bottom grippers would slip and my broadheads would be exposed. This wasn't a big deal and didn't happen often but became a big problem when I was hunting hogs with dogs and this happpenned. I stopped using it right there for hunting and used a slide on selway instead which stays put very securely. ( already had the selway) I don't know if thunderhorn has a slip on model but if they did I would definitely buy it but no more stap on bow quivers for me.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »
im interested in seeing pics of the new style quiver-
they are not on the web site-
if your not living on the edge,your taking up too much room!!
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©