INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Zebco 808  (Read 160 times)

Offline BillyMarkwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Zebco 808
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »
…..Just got mine and tried it out yesterday…..I’m not real happy with it….I don’t know what I was expecting…the thing must weigh 5 times as much as my old reel…it’s very awkward to reel in……it’s fast until the arrow snags on a weed or something….then it’s impossible to reel….I have to take the line in hand and give it a  tug to free the arrow then continue reeling the slack line….I guess it’s all about trade offs….….it’s either light reel with slow retrieval…or heavy reel with fast line retrieval… ….I would have never bought it if I had tried it first…

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zebco 808
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
Have you tried the ams retriever reel?

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Offline BillyMarkwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »
Looked at the ams...the price and the weight turned me off....

Offline toddster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »
I have as most know bowfished alot, love it more than anything (except chasing Bronze Barons around).  I have made several things and used everything on the market.  When it comes to the 808, forget it.  The pick-up pins are weak and the gears get torn up.  Now, if you find some of the older model 808, they are awesome, have one with a tan cover and never had a problem with it.  For the money for Bowfising in my experiance, save money and time and get a shakespeare, unless you are going pole fishing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©