INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lewis Hollow 3 pc. long bow  (Read 148 times)

Offline fishmerf

• Trad Bowhunter
Lewis Hollow 3 pc. long bow
« on: March 18, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
Lewis Hollow Archery 3pc. long bow

For the past few years I have had the pleasure of getting to know Chris Sparks at Lewis Hollow Archery. He and I have become close and enjoy sharing stories and hunting trips. I already own one of his 1 pc recurves and absolutely love it. So when he asked me to test his proto-type 3 pc long bow I jumped at the chance.

Once again his workmanship did not leave me disappointed. I had no idea what he had planned for this bow, but I knew it would be special. The bow's riser is made up of leopard wood in the palm, cocobola on the front half and accent strips of osage and black and brown glass. The limbs are canary veneers with a maple core and shedua wedges. It is pretty!

The bow's specs are 52@28” with a 66” length. I have been shooting 29” 2016s with a 125grain field tip. The arrows fly great from this set up. We checked the speed and the bow averaged around 174 fps. The bow is smooth. The riser fits well in the hand and the bow has no noticeable hand shock whatsoever. It is a joy to shoot!

I cannot tell you how much I like this bow. I have left work early the past few days just so I could get home to shoot it. The workmanship is top notch and the bowyer is eager to please. If you have not had a chance to call Chris at Lewis Hollow, you should. He is truly one of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever been around. There are far too few people like him these days. You can visit his website at Lewishollowarchery.com.

Here is a picture of a 5 arrow group at 15yds. Trust me, if you have seen me shoot you know its the bow!Gotta be the bow!

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lewis Hollow 3 pc. long bow
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »
Shane-
nice review-great looking bow also-
hopefully i can add some too this thread before long !!!!!
im #6 on his list-it will be worth the wait!im  having two sets of limbs built with mine one set at 54# and one set at 60#
but my second dead end recurve is in the works and should be here shortly
if your not living on the edge,your taking up too much room!!
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©