INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Crow Creek Bows Elmer Pitts  (Read 215 times)

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
Crow Creek Bows Elmer Pitts
« on: March 15, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »
I was looking to purchase my first traditional bow and found I myself underfinanced to purchase at my local trad. archery store. I turned to ebay with the thought of buying low and reselling at the local trad. archery store to build a "get the bow I really want" fund. I ended up with a Crow Creek 60" 55# at 28" td longbow. I took it directly to the local shop to shoot it side by side with the Morrisons and Ancient Spirit bows that I previously fell in love with and leave it to sell. I tried hard not to like my new bow but it first of all was much faster than every bow in the store at any weight that I have shot (about 20 very nice bows up to 70#). Next I really never understood what hand shock was since all the bows were pretty close to the same until I shot this bow with very  very little hand shock. This then made me notice that some of the bows jumped up or down whereas the Crow Creek jumped stright forward which seems to me means the limbs are perfectly tuned to eachother.  It seems to stack a bit but it is 60" so what can you expect 28 draw plus to do. It was also not real smooth to draw but this is compaired to very much longer bows in the shop. The shop owner shot it and said it was real fast and a stacker. Anyway, with the speed and the light hand shock and the shock ballance, I couldn't leave the bow. I draw 27.5 so the stack is meaningless to me I accidently got a real winner I think but I still want the other bows as well, I just can't get to them with this one. One thing is definitely a fact through all this, Crow Creek has arrow speed figured out if nothing else.   :archer:

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Crow Creek Bows Elmer Pitts
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
I happened to make a trade for one today and I really like it. Took me all of 2 different arrows to find one that will smoke out of it. I can't wait to shoot it some more.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
Is it Elmer Pitts or Elmer Patton that builds the Crow Creek bows?

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Elmer Patton

Online beachbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
Do you guys know how to contact Mr. Patton?

Norb
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
Update on this post from it's originator. About 1000 arrows later and several more bows the Crow Creek kicks axx it is smooth and doesn't really stack accurate looks great and still the fastest with no hand shock as compaired to many others. I really think many people truely do not know how no handshock feels because not too many bows I have shot really have no hand shock and particularly ballanced no hand shock. This is an older bow from Elmer, his new stuff looks way better and I am sure performs the same or better.   JIM

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »
Elmer. Contact him at 870-238-8124

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©