INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: JK Chastain Bows  (Read 215 times)

Offline John P

• Trad Bowhunter
JK Chastain Bows
« on: March 04, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone could give me any feed back on Mr.Chastains bows?Good or Bad Iam Thinking of buying one and all I have to go by is the one I shot two years ago.
                     Thanks John

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JK Chastain Bows
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »
John,. I have a 56" sr one piece recurve I got from Keith Chastain about 5yrs ago and it is a good shooter. I did change the grip a little because I like a little lower grip. He makes a good bow and they are fast.
   I build my own bows now and shoot longbows but you can't go wrong with his bows......Chort

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
john, I have 4 recurves and 1 longbow, all Chastain Wapiti's. I go to the Compton shoot so I can test LOTS of bows. I think wapiti bows are the smoothest drawing and shooting bows out there. Keith Chastain can make any bow you can design and he stands behind his work with a good gaurantee. Give him a call and talk to him, he's a good guy(at least in my dealings with him). Good luck!

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »
I have been shooting a wapiti t/d for 5 years now. Love the bow smooth and fast.Just feels good when you shoot it

Offline RobSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
I've been shooting a Wapiti T/D recurve since I switched to shooting left-handed just before Christmas of last year.  I think this bow is fantastic.  Even with heavy-heavy arrows, it'll spit them out at about 160 FPS - A heavier draw weight (mine is 51# @ 28") and lighter arrows would probably SCREAM.  It draws nice and smooth and feel excellent in my hands.  I don't think you could go wrong with one of his bows.  Good luck!
Rob
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
            – Voltaire

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
one of the best out there
I have 3 TD spike longbows and 1 TD recurve
will soon get a special TD raghorn from him to fill my collection

Offline D Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
I have a Dye, Schafer, and Chastain, and I can honestly say my Chastain smokes an arrow in addition to having a very smooth draw. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one. I have a Bocote riser, Bamboo limbs on mine, had it in five weeks from when I placed the order.

Offline MYoung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
I have 2 of his TD custom recurves. I can say for sure they out performed my Black Widow TD. The first one I bought is a 51 lb @ my 30 inch draw. Shooting a 620 grn arrow it is quicker, smoother, and just plain feels better than my Black Widow did at the exact same weight. My Chastain TDs are both 59 inch bows, the Widow WAS a 64 inch bow. I sold the Widow to buy a second Chastain TD. It is just as sweet as the first and 55 lb @ my draw. No regrets...great bows.
Get er dun

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
I got a Wapiti took it to a 3-d shoot and shot my alltime high score that was the first time I had taken it to a shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©