INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Just went for arrows and WOW!!!!!!!!!  (Read 138 times)

Offline J.Nordwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Just went for arrows and WOW!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »
Well today I went up to Raptor Archery in Hood River Or. I've talked with Mr. Ted Fry over the net and phone about just about everything. Well I got there and bought a string and new silencers, arrows, broadheads and a few Flu Flu arrows. I picked Teds brain about my bow wt and which arrows to use. I ended up with some ash arrows and 160 gr tips. They finish up at 789 gr. They really zip out of my Savannah. Well after being welcome in to his busy shop on what some would call a slow day seemed to be real busy. Ted joked and talked with real compassion about a sport that he truly loves. He joked with my wife and my little 2 yr girl just like a big kid. If anybody is ever going to be in the Hood River and have the time you have to go see Ted, you'll not regret it. Well when I got home I was blessed with blue sky and no rain. I got to shoot a few arrows and they fly awesome and just as Ted said right were I pointed them. Now I can just count the days until my spring turkey hunt which I hope to bag my frist Traditional harvest. When I get asked from the people I hunt with why I have decided to go with a Longbow versus a Compound or a rifle, its becuase the Traditional community is just one big family. This is why I feel the need to be apart of this family. Its becuase of people like Ted Fry who make this feel like a family. Thanks to every body on this site who has helped me in the past and will help me in the future. And a big thanks to Ted Fry and his family, they made me feel at home and not like a newbie. Thanks again
FEAR NOTHING

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just went for arrows and WOW!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »
Ted has done a lot to get me on the right road.  He has been patient and thoughtful with my questions and his answers.  However I think I will feel like a newbie for a long time, well maybe if I could just tighten up those darn groups.  Good luck on that turkey hunt.  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©