INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kershaw Knives  (Read 172 times)

Offline Chad Edgar

• Trad Bowhunter
Kershaw Knives
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »
I own two, a Scallion and a Leek.  Both of these are Ken Onion designs with the speed-safe assisted opening.  Great feature IMO.  The Scallion is my goto hunting knife, since the end of the blade is more curved like a caper.  The rear of the blade is serrated.  Which I really didn't want, but that is all Gander Mt. had at the time.  The Leek is my everyday carry knife, with a drop point blade or clip point (can't recall which is which).  Super sharp from the factory and really easy to sharpen, so the edge doesn't hold great.  But not bad at all.  The knives are "Made in the USA"!  I had the torx screws work loose on the Scallion after a year and I bent the clip on the Leek (my fault..I ran into a catch on the door jam).  I sent both knives back at the same time and recieved two brand new knives no questions asked within a week!  Did I mention they are MADE IN THE USA!  Now I haven't ran these knives through the gauntlet yet, but I don't see any potential issues yet for everyday carry or hunting.
Here from the King's mountain view,
Here from the wild dream come true...
Treasures of flesh never few! "Jambi"

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kershaw Knives
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »
I've been carrying a Leek every day for the past 1.5 years. I have used it hard and it has held up great.
It holds an edge fairly well for a stainless blade. Usually all it needs is a little touch up on some fine ceramic sticks and it's shaving sharp.
I used to be a Spyderco fan (well, I still am) but Kershaw has won me over. Highly recommended.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
The Leek is my "dress" knife. I too, like the American Made part! Mike
Black Widow PLIII  62", 49#@28"
Black Widow TFII 60", 45#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Offline NativeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »
I fully agree with the great quality of Kershaw knives, been carying a Leek for at least a year with no complaints. plus Im kinda spoiled with the opening assist. every couple of weeks a little touch up on a hone and shaving sharp ...matt
"how many bows do you need".my wife
Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you , as I gave the green plant. Genesis 9:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©