INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: !! New Snuffer SS field test !! - pics  (Read 198 times)

Offline Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
!! New Snuffer SS field test !! - pics
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Well, not sure where to start, so I'll just say PHENOMINAL !!  I was fortunate enough to shoot the very first prototype Snuffer SS last night in a live hunting scenario and see how it performs, what an honor.

I can tell you first hand Mike has truely outdone himself with this one.  I recieved 3 heads directly of the manufacturing floor, screwed them onto my carbon arrows and spun them.  They spun absolutely perfectly.  They are a beautiful looking 3 blade head with 42 thousands stainless blades and sharp as heck.  Don't know if you'll find a stronger build head out there.  Wait till you see these things.  Unfortunately, I don't know if I have permission to show pictures yet.  Maybe if Mike happens to pick up this thread he can say if pictures are allowed yet.

Anyway, I digress.  Back to the purpose of this thread.  I got these heads just in time to make my last sit of the season for whitetails.  I had been seeing several large mature bucks but they did not show themselves last night.  With 15 minutes of light remaining I decided to fill my tag by shooting one of the many does that had been filtering through.  

I picked the largest one out and let a Snuffer SS tipped arrow fly at 18 yards.  Just like on three other occasions this season I hit her low behind the left leg, marginal shot.  The first buck I hit here was a once in a lifetime 6x6 with split brow tines.  I followed a blood trail for 4 1/2 hours the next day only to be left disgusted and frustrated.  The second buck I hit in that spot I was able to get a second arrow in him that finished the job.  And finally, this doe I hit with the Snuffer SS and got a pass through.

I was very concerned about the shot so I left her overnight and went back this morning only to be welcomed by an incredible ample blood trail.  I felt pretty good as soon as I found the first blood at the site of the shot.  Check out the photos of the trail left by the Snuffer SS wound.  I added the photos of the carcas so you can see that the broadhead didn't even puncture the chesk cavity, completely missed any vitals.

The head simply caused so much hemorage from the non-vitals wound that she bleed out within 200 yards, AMAZING, considering the previous outcome of the same hits on the other two deer with the other heads.

Offline sar

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: !! New Snuffer SS field test !! - pics
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »
Any word when these will be commercially available?

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
Stickman,

Where did your pictures go?
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Numitokayo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »
Sar,  does that remind you of an answer you gave in my leave the burr on or take it off tread.  Makes more sense today,  the proof is in the pudding.  thank you for you professional insight into the matter sar.

Would really like to see pics, when you do have them, put them on..

BG
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©