INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bow Hush and Hush Puppy Silencers  (Read 452 times)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Hush and Hush Puppy Silencers
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Yes...intructions come with them.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Offline Potoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »
Got mine within 2 days of placing order. I put the bow hush on and really like them but I'm reluctant to put the big string silecer hush puppies on due to the potential of rain absorption. The bow hush does a nice job though. I am concerned about applying wax to the ends of the string now. Is that a legit concern?
Like it says on the can...'concentrate'

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
I have ordered I think 3 times from Terry,,I have heard some complaints that the product is available at a hobbie,or discount store,the quality is no diff.then yarn,Well all I can say is the product is great,the packaging is great,the service was great,I guess I order mine at the right time,cause I always get them within a few days,plus I hope I support someone that has my best Trad archery in mind,The Yarn Shop does Not....

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 07:22:00 AM »
Potoo....you can remove some of the strands...an even amount off both units and they will still work well.  We have to make them 'full force' for the most noisy bows, but the quieter ones can get away with 6- 10 less strands.....I just use one unit per string on my selfbows by just cutting on unit in half.

Not sure what you mean about adding wax to the string....I'll email ya.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »
I just ordered a few new sets, looking forward to adding the hush puppies on my new Mohawk string and my Big River thats being made by John! Great product!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Pete Witt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
Don`t field bad my order was Aug 20-09 have not recieved mind yet. order Pay Pal..WHAT UP ??????
wittjr

Offline Pete Witt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Terry did you get my order thru Pay Pal for 4 sets of HUSH PUPPIES ORDER AUG. 20/09 Thanxx,PETER WITT JR.???????
wittjr

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
They went out last week...should be there any day Pete.  Our 'pony express' is a bit dismal here at times.   :banghead:
tarz@tradgang.com

Offline newtradgreenwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
Not just about Bow Hush.  Seems alot of vendors here on TradGang have families, like to hunt, and many have "day" jobs also.  If you need something fast I would suggest calling or e-mailing first to see.  To me, unless you have been told otherwise by advertising or told directly it will be faster, then there is no need to even check for two weeks.  On the other hand if something is going to take more than 3 weeks the vendor is responsible to notify the customer.  Sound about right to everyone else ?

Offline newtradgreenwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Oh I forgot, we need to report Bow Hush for unfair trade and advertising practices.  Those two girls are too cute.  Quite unfair.  Would sell some Bow Hush if it was advertised as old rusty bailing wire with Rockwell 60 hardness to wrap on your bowstring.

Offline gaitero

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Hi Terry,
I would like to try your products but I live in FRANCE. Can I order ?? Can I use Paypal also ??
Thank you,
Rich

Online elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
I had the same experience with an older MAII Black Widow. Put their wool on the string ends and wisper quiet compared to without ... I also bought a used A that had bow hush on it and was amazed at how quiet it is ... my quietest bow by far.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Fantastic products--both of them.  :clapper:  

I have used them on my recurves for several years now, and will use nothing else. They are very durable as well!
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline fedora

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Hush puppy string silencers are the bomb!

Offline Flying Dogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
I have Hush Puppy silencers on my longbows. This is a very good product and easy to install. They are the best ones I have found in years. They silence the string as expected and do not fall apart as some of the others I have used. Rain and burrs while hunting are not an issue. I cannot find anything that I don't like about them.

Offline erictetterton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
I also ordered from them April 27 2011 and here it is May 24 2011 and I haven't heard a thing from them about if they have received my order or what. I used paypal so I guess I'm safe?
Javaman Falcon 45@30
BW KBX 60” 45@30
BW PLX 64” 50@30

Offline Huntinfool7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
I just placed an order for both products by PP we'll see. I like the concept though!

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does The
Fire Burn Brightly
I Love the Magical Flight of the Feathered Shaft!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romans 8:28

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Potoo:
Got mine within 2 days of placing order. I put the bow hush on and really like them but I'm reluctant to put the big string silecer hush puppies on due to the potential of rain absorption. The bow hush does a nice job though. I am concerned about applying wax to the ends of the string now. Is that a legit concern?
Potoo, I've installed the hush puppies on several strings since last summer because I've been playing musical strings a little. After a LOT of shooting they will get smaller. I've shot mine in the rain a few times, once in a real good rain. They continued to perform - and did not hold water worth noticing. My feathers, clothes, bow, glove and arm  guard all got soggy as heck, but no issue with the hush puppies.

Offline Riverrat43

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Got mine really fast. Thanks for the fast service. Wanna make sure I got this right, I have a D97 string that has a black and a brown strand. I just separate the black and brown for a couple of inches, slide the wool square in between, tie it in 4 places, fold it over so the glue parts stick together and cut evenly right?
Ask the American Indian what uncontrolled immigration did to his land and way of life.

Offline Riverrat43

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Got 'em installed. Now have to wait a day to try 'em out.
Ask the American Indian what uncontrolled immigration did to his land and way of life.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©