INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Cabella's arrow fletcher??  (Read 318 times)

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
Cabella's arrow fletcher??
« on: October 12, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
has anyone either used the Cabella's fletching jig or know anything about it??  Good?  Bad??

Thanks in Advance

C

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cabella's arrow fletcher??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
I've had one for about 15 years.  They work fine.  It's a well-made piece of equipment.  Another company made these before Cabela's bought the rights I guess.  Watch ebay, and you can get one for 25 bucks.

I have a Blitz also.  Either will get the job done.  The Blitz is more versatile with three different clamps and various nock receivers.

If you use a slow glue, a three feather fletcher might be a good idea.

I use fletch tape cut a little short of each end of the feather and apply a little Fastset Gel to each end.  It sets in less than a minute.  I use the fletch tape because it is easier to clean off my carbon shafts.  With this system, I reach for the Blitz.

Offline Haldir

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Passthru.  I think I'm gonna go with the Bitzenburger.  It seems to be overwhelmingly favored.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
You'll never regret it, Haldir.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »
I have a Cabela's straight fletcher.  Bought it in my compound days.  Excellent fletcher.  Well made and you can do a complete arrow at one time.  I don't have the helical clamps but I've never had a problem with the straight ones.  Aaron

Offline Calabash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Have to say, I don't regret getting my Blitz..use fletching tape and it goes fast..
My next choice is a JoJann six arrow..
Calabash
Calabash

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »
I bought one a long time ago.  It still works fine.  My only problem is you can't fletch 5 1/2" feathers.  The limit of the clamps is 5" so I'm looking to buy a bitz or jo-jan.  I need the 5 1/2 cuz I need all the help I can get and want to try the 5 1/2 banana cut feathers.
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline zentaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »
hi guys.

of course, the bitzenburger is the best and the spigarelli is great as well.
but the jojan 6xfletcher works also fine.  i've got one myself but only with helical clamps.
buying 6 straight clamps costs more than an entire new jojan multifletcher (whitch is a quite stupid thing to do.  isn't it?).
so, me and a couple of friends over here are thinking about getting the cabela's.
how is the quality compared to the jojan multifletcher.
if i'd get 2 of those i'd be just as fast like with the jojan.  i'm even thinking about buying 3 or 4.

i just want to get done with the job as fast as possible.
time ist just too important, to be spend gluing feathers on arrowshafts.

c  ya

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 06:49:00 AM »
Oh yeah you can't fletch high profile type of feathers.  So your pretty much limited to 5" or less parabolic or shield cut sized fletching with the Cabela jig.

Offline zentaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »
whaddabout indian style?
mine are more or less "indian style"  4.72 inch long (which is 12cm...... we've got the metric system over here   :D   )

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »
As long as they aren't wider than the shield cut fletching, they should work fine.  I've only used the 5" parabolic and 5" shield.  The indian style is much like the shield cut so I would say they would work.

Offline zentaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »
yes but at the end of the fletch it's a little longer than shield or parabolic.  or let's say: it "sticks out" a little   :saywhat:  

but still:  can't anybody say anything about the difference between the two? the jojan and the cabelas.  not in the way of use but in terms of quality, handling and durability.

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
I used one of the clamps from my Cabela's fletchers to hold an uncut full length fletching to sand the quill down a bit for a flu-flu arrow the other day.  Other than being too long for the clamp, the feather fit in the clamp just fine.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©