INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Black Widow PSR  (Read 204 times)

Offline Sharc

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow PSR
« on: September 19, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
Hello

I'm very interested in buying the new BW PSR Short Recurve.

But I'm wondering if this bow is confortable, because of its low weight (less than 2 pounds) and its small size (60" max).

If any (happy) owners of PSR could give me some advice... Thank you by advance    ;)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow PSR
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
Earlier this year, I ordered the PSR in ironwood version with takedown feature. The bow arrived at my ordered weight of 56# and 56" and with the same locater style grip as my PLX longbow.  

First of all, this little recurve is a big imporvement over the SAG which they have discontinued. The bow is great to carry and use in a tree stand and can even be shot comfortably with your butt on the ground.  It is not as stable or accurate for me as their SA or MA recurves, but it's small compact size makes it worthy.  

In addition, it drives an arrow with authority and gives up very little, if any, to it's bigger recurve brothers.

The bottom line is...I am very happy with their PSR and offer no regrets for getting it.  As you probably know, they do offer the "test drive" option if you still have doubts about sending them a grand for a little stick you have never shot.
Lon Scott

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
I agree with Blackhawk, my PSR V is a sweet shooter but fore long range accuracy, say 35 to 40 yards my SA or PMA is more accurate, that's with me shooting, but I just prefer longer bows....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline bowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »
I shot a psr this summer.Its nice.I think it has pretty good mass weight in the riser for its size.You might try it with coco bolo or kingwood riser for more heft if you want.Also the takedown model should give ya more wieght in the handle where ya want it.Cool lookin bow!

Offline laurenttahiti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »
AHAAAHHH!!!!!
Comme moi tu t'intéresse à ce magnifique arc !!!
Tu n'es plus au Canada?
Laurent from tahiti
Bowhunter from New Caledonia(south pacific)

Offline hunt4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »
i found it to be kind of slow, but that was just me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©