INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Navajo Caddo, Roy Hall  (Read 180 times)

Offline stickwithastick

• Trad Bowhunter
Navajo Caddo, Roy Hall
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Would like any feedback on the Navajo Caddo or Diamond, and Roy Hall also has anyone had it Chronographed.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Navajo Caddo, Roy Hall
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »
I sold 3 Caddos and 1 Diamond past 2 yrs. They are the smoothest pulling bows that I sell here in my shop. Roy is a great guy...his bows are the fastest around but will definately get the job done. I recommended my Hall shooters used Aluminum for acheiving the optimum speeds. The Diamond and Caddo were originally Arkansa Stick bows. Roy took over the other bowyers business and dressed up the bows nicely. You won't be disappointed with either bow. I have never chronographed either model but I would lean towards bow weights of 55-60#.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »
I won a Caddo earlier this year and shoot it as a back up bow.  To be honest, I love it.  It is pretty, it is well made, and is a sweet shooter. Unfortunately for it, I make my own bows and have a sweetheart that I use full time.  The Caddo has to be second string.  I don't think you will go wrong if you chose the Caddo.
Chuck

Offline bgremill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
I just shot mine through the chrono so if ya'll are interested here is the info.
My bow is a 62" caddo 53#@28" I draw 29"

Shot three different setups:

1) Beaman ICS Classic 500@ 31 1/2" (full length)with 100 grain field point.  Total weight was 405grains.  Shot 3 arrows- 195,196,196

2) Same arrow with 125 grain field tip. Total weight was 430grains. Shot 3 arrows-190,191,190

3) Just for giggles, I picked up a full length 2413 with 4" vanes.  Total weight was 580grains.
Shot 3 arrows-180,180,180

I'm thinkin I need to get some heavier arrows!!!

Where do I post those types of questions?  Setup questions I mean.

Hope this helps some of ya!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©