INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Windstopper fleece jacket-OK!!  (Read 174 times)

Offline Ryan Rothhaar

• Associate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
Windstopper fleece jacket-OK!!
« on: October 01, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »
I recently bought the fleece jacket with the Windstopper lining from Cabela's (the one they were selling in the sale flyer for 40$) and I have to say I'm impressed!  I used the jacket on my recent trip to Montana and it performed great on those low 40's, windy mornings.  REALLY cut the wind nice.  There is a bit of rustling noise when you draw the bow, but IMO if it is windy enough to need the Windstopper the little noise wont matter.  I am looking forward to using this jacket in late deer season this year, I think it will be great for late season whitetails.  Nice jacket, well built and comfortable, good first layer under the camo.  Give it a try.

Ryan

Online Pat B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Windstopper fleece jacket-OK!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
I just got the same jacket just 4 days ago and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I was thinking the same thing about the noisy liner and wonder if washing would help.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »
I have the whole outfit and jump btwn it and my weatherby wool...love the cabelas stuff for eary middle-ish season...not too bulky and plenty warm.  Killed a 9 pnt last year wearing it, but there was a 50mph wind on the NY opener  :)  so maybe it covered the possible liner noise....

To be honest, I've washed mine a few times and don't notice too much noise with the liner when making slow movements and such...I'll have to re-evaluate later this eve.

$40 is a steal btw, I'll have to check out cabelas.

Thanks,
Brian

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »
After looking at cabelas and thinking about it...I have the Berber fleece, wonder if we are talking the same jacket...maybe the berber is a bit different related to noise...we'll see tonight.

Brian

Offline Ironman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
Ryan, I have jacket with wind stopper and supprescent. Works great, The jacket is not heavy but if i wear a sweater under it it is warm. Mine is water proof also.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©