INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: chastain bows  (Read 845 times)

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: chastain bows
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »
nobody else have anything to say?

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »
aroflyte

I would love to own a 70# @ 28" recurve from Keith but would like to buy it used or on sale. I've decided to be patient. Sooner or later a good used one will hit the market at a fair price. I paid $215 for my Spike TD on Ebay.  Maybe I'll get lucky again (I would be willing to go a bit higher :-) Maybe someone will sell on Ebay a Wapiti "compound" like my last Bear Hunter Takedown Recurve I got for $84 (65# @ 28").
The gal selling it advertised it under compounds as a Bear Hunter compound.  I lucked out finding it and was the only bidder at $50 until the last minute of the auction.  Then two other people found it and bid it up to $83 which was still under my maximum bid.
Dave in Ft. Collins, CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
that is what happened with the spike I got. couldnt belive no one else saw/bid on it. I've never been a longbow shooter. It coming along slowly. Keep an eye out and sooner or later one will come along.

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
My Wapiti T/D is slow by todays standards I would guess. I have shot several bows next to it at about the same draw weight and all were quite a bit faster. Since I am not into the speed thing much it really is not a factor for me.
  The major thing about the Wapiti T/D is smoothness fo draw and shooter comfort for me. I have shot A lot of high end bows here and there but have not come acroos any as smooth as the Wapiti. I shot a Palmer once that turned my head a few years back but still not as smooth.
  The bottom line is this bow is going to be with me til the day I die. I may have another or 2 by then (we do have a local bowyer who makes one beauty of a bow and smokes an arrow) but the Wapiti will be my main hunter in the forseeable future. You cannot go wrong with the purchase of a Wapiti T/D.
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
Ive got to agree with you. ive got four total and although i go to comptons, cloverdale, and the hastings/kalamazoo gatherings and shoot everything, I guess I'm spoiled with my wapitis'. I hate to say it, but i'm happy with what i've got and cant see getting anymore. for me anyway. there's always newcomers to "entice" with a wapiti.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©