INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A New Breed of "Butterfly"  (Read 192 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
A New Breed of "Butterfly"
« on: September 24, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »
Actually a new Armguard. My friend Mike G. of Mike's Archery Leathers, in California,  sent me his latest one to try out. First of all it is of the highest quality as all of his archery leather items are, hand made, hand stitched, and conceived by a fellow bowman. This one is like his recent 3D Armguard, in that they are aproximately an inch and a quarter (to a half) shorter than the very popular Hunter Model. However this one is called the 3DB (B for Butterfly) and it has a really nice arrangement for fastening and unfastening it, with nylon Stretch Cords (one on each edge). The key to this easy on easy off fastening is a small, football shaped "Butterfly" piece of leather (also on each edge), stitched in the center, that the cords loop over - neatly crossing and snugly holding it in place. I have shot with this latest armguard of Mike's quite a bit (when not hunting - I like the longer one for that - to "be sure" about my sleeves) the last couple of days and really enjoy how quick I can put it on and take it off to go out and practice, as well as how neatly it does it's job, without feeling overly tight. Mike has himself (or his "friends in archery") another winner in this latest addition to his fine line of products IMO.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ky_longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A New Breed of "Butterfly"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »
Bernie- lets see some pics..........sounds cool!
if your not living on the edge,your taking up too much room!!
MEMBER-K.T.B.A.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »
I wish i could but i'm having some trouble with my programs right now (even to put it on my site and reference you there - as i do quite often. I can get a thumbnail posted on it but no t the larger pics - new programs are driving me crazy) Let me see what I can do. I also will go check and see if mike has added it to his web site yet - he hasn't got new troblemaking programs - LOL but he does have a "webmaster" to deal with - I only have to deal with my own dumb ol' self - haha. Keep tryin' to get a look - it's worth it, I think. A lot of folks are gonna like it - maybe even for a second if they have one of the Hunters.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »
I just looked - nope - I'll have to send Mike a message about that - shame on 'im! LOL However he does have the Hunter and 3D models on there and the Butterfly (3DB) looks just like them except for the closure (there's a nice "California type" word)
  Mike\\'s Archery Leather

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mike g

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »
Hey Gang....
    I'm working on the pictures for the 3DB.
 Stay tuned.....    
"Mike your friend In Traditional archery" (M.A.L.)
 www.mikesarcheryleather.com
Leather Armguards,Quivers,and Accessories, Mike's Archery Leather
"Rinehart 3D Target Dealer"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©