INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hoyt GameMaster T/D Recurve  (Read 630 times)

Offline teach

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt GameMaster T/D Recurve
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »
Oops, did not see your post with arrow wt.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
The Tiburon is the same bow as the Gamemaster, except for the addition of vibration absorbing panels in being added to some of the cutouts in the riser. It adds a bit of good looks and helps quiet it down at the same time.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
I am not particularly thrilled -its very noisy. I will add some rubber pieces under the limb attachment points to quiet it, and do some more tuning...but I think this is going to get set up as a bowfishing bow...for the time when I might EVER get invited to go bowfishing.

Its just not what I like...it might be fantastic for some....but by the time you spend all that money for additional decent limbs and all you could get yourself something functional and beautiful too...just my H.O.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline themonkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
i have to disagree with you, i love it, ive had mine for not even a week and am crazy about it, when you think about it, its the perfect bow once silenced properly, a bow where you can change the weights from 40 to 65 in 5 lb increments, saves me the trouble of having a bow seperate for hunting, target, and whatever else, the perfect bow, even if its noisey, that can all be changed, and for the money, it is one great looking bow
Don't deal with me, I stole from the St Jude's Auction.

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
Ray, David Sousa at DAS sells some very nice pads that go between the limbs and riser as well as the limb bolt washers. I think if you use those, along with a Mountain Muffler string (check out the Mall at Tradtalk) your bow will quiet significantly.

I've been shooting the heck out of my bow. It's quiet, dead in the hand and with properly tuned arrows, is deadly accurate out to 50 yds. (Probably farther, but I'm not up to the task!)
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
no slight intended to anyone that likes it...thats why we don't all shoot the same bow..it would be a dull world indeed if we all liked the same thing..or were limited in our choices, wouldn't it?

I'm glad you guys like yours and they work great for you. I think I've been shooting fat handled recurves for so long its just an "old dog learning new tricks" kind of a thing...you know?

Good shooting!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Buglmin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
In my opinion, the riser on the Game Master is great. It fits my hand, I can't torque it, and the balance ain't to bad. But I think that Hoyt could of done a lot better job on the limbs. I had a bowyer make me a set of limbs for mine, and oh baby, what a difference.
But like Ray said, some guys don't like them because of the riser, and the small grip. To a big handed person, the bow doesn't really feel that good to them. I have a buddy that the grip hurts him. Oh well, to each his own. Anthony

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »
Absolutely! Variety is the spice of life.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline Buglmin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »
When you look at the Tiburon, you'll see a change in the riser, and the grip. It's the small grip that makes the Game mAster a good bow. As for the silencing material that Hoyt added to the Tiburon, don't waste your money. You still need the properely spaced silencers, plus the limb savers to quiet the bow. All the silencing material did to the Tiburon was to add weight to the riser.

Offline themonkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »
holy crap, i just chronoed my gamemaster yesterday, and with a 2115 w/ 125 point it was throwing em out @ 160fps, and only pulling 42lbs! 180 w/ an overspined easton fatboy....what a beast, my 55lb fast flite super kodiak didnt even throw @ 160
Don't deal with me, I stole from the St Jude's Auction.

Offline teach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
Chroned mine Sun. DAS tricked out 45# oly.limbs,
403gr.Easton Axis,179fps.I was impressed.

Offline jmvargas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 02:41:00 AM »
put a doinker 4 inch shorty hunting stabilizer on my 45# gamemaster in addition to limbsavers and string silencers....shooting 2016 xx75 with 100grain B52 broadheads....super quiet!!

Offline GameMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Bought mine Oct. of 2004 and still like it alot. Most complaints are noise,skinny grip and not getting the right poundage when you get it. Mine I wanted 50 lb. but turned out 58 lb. I've taken 5 deer with it so far in two seasons. Arrows are alm. 2117's 29.75 in. long. Last year hunted with 11-32 cedar shafts and 90 grain bodkin 3-bladed heads, excellent penatration. Shooting the old springy rest both wood and alm. and getting great arrow flight. Shot a round of archery golf this spring and the bow out shot the rest. I shoot mine at 7.5 with a fast flight string. My only complaint is the skinny grip, I do torque arrows to the left because of the shape of the grip itself, I'm left handed. For the money 385.00 you can't beat it.

Offline cajuntec

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
How do I get ahold of DAS for the pads?
All the best,
Glenn
If at first you don't succeed.... buy newer / better equipment!

Greywolf Custom Longbow  
Chek-Mate Custom Hunter 56 Recurve

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:00 AM »
DAS Kinetics  

Between the antivibration pads, limbsavers and a little string silencing, my bow is very quiet and totally dead in the hand.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
Bought a GM 2weeks ago. I love the bow. It is slightly nosier than some of my wood bows, but not much. I am goign to put some limbsavers on it. This is a quality high performing bow.

BCD
BCD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©