INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Mosquito repellent  (Read 239 times)

Offline got2bowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
Mosquito repellent
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »
Has anyone used the thermacell repellent? How does it work and any odor or noise.hate to spook the animals.I hunt in a swamp and need something that works good.What do you use to prevent donating to the pest.Thanks

Offline arrowslinger22

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mosquito repellent
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »
I used it last year for bear and early deer.  No problems spooking animals and I didn't notice any odor.  It worked like a charm on mosquitos.  My only comment is that the pads didn't last as long as stated on the packaging.  It was more than worth the price and I won't hunt in early season without it again.
Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realize that we cannot eat money

Offline Mark N

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
I haven't hunted with it, yet. But, at a starparty(amateur astronomy get-together), I had several comments that when I visited someone's scope, there weren't any mosquitoes around.  I had it in my pocket, as I hadn't purchased the holster, yet.  There's a deer atrractant available now, as well.

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
Great product, wouldn,t go to mosq. country with out, but I also don't leave without my 100% deet. One thing to note: fuel cannisters are not allowed in airline baggage. However they can usually be found at walmarts where you are travelling, including Canada. When these things first came out the bear guides would not let you leave to come home with one, they would do their best to trade you out of it

Offline Legolas

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
Used on a bear hunt and realized how effective it was when it ran out of butane. Suddenly the mosquitoes were all about me. Checked the thermacell added a new butane and they left.
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©