INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Antler Carving & Knives  (Read 176 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Antler Carving & Knives
« on: June 30, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a product review or not but I'd guess it is. It is unsolicited and just wanted to let folks know about it anyway. A short time ago, I won the bid (e-bay) on a small, handcarved antler, amulet/necklace with an arrow head carved in/on it . I forwarded his name, etc. to our own Barb with the idea he might have "stuff" leftover in his work that she could use on her quivers. Turned out she and he had already dealt on some of his knives and things. They both said very complimentary things about each other's work to me. Anyway I received the little piece (shown with a quarter, it was not as wide but a little taller than the coin) a few days ago and have been wearing it since. It came on a rolled rawhide loop. It is really a beautiful piece of work with a nice traditional look and touch and signed by the artist. The "bladesmith" is Matt Lesniewski of M.L. Knives and I'm sure some of you at least know of him already. He does have a web site.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Antler Carving & Knives
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
If interested you can see pictures of this interesting trad archery necklace (IMO) on my non-commercial website.   Bernie Dunn\\'s Home Page
Let it load, then find it at the bottom - click on the thumbnail for bigger pics - enjoy.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Barb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Antler Carving & Knives
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
Matt makes a very,very nice traditional knife

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©