INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bow Hush and Hush Puppy reviews  (Read 471 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Hush and Hush Puppy reviews
« on: May 29, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
Finally took the goods out to my target today.

Test subjects are as follow:
1)  One 1968 BEAR Kodiak Magnum @58lb. Equipment installed were one set of Bow Hush on string ends.  String is a flemish twist but I did leave my beaver silencers for now on this string.

2)  One 1972 BEAR Kodiak Magnum @55lb.  Equipment installed were one set of Bow Hush and a set of Hush Puppies.  String on this bow is a dacron endless.

3)  Arrows ranged from 520gr to 680gr 27in. in length (used three different sets) and they were either PO Cedar or Ash.  Of course the heavier arrows made the bow even quiter.

Both set ups were installed per instruction guidelines and were very easy to follow.
I also have a brace height of 7-3/4ins on both bows this appears to be the sweet spot.  I mention this because I believe it to be critical to find this sweet area for maximum effectivness of this product or perhaps others as well.

Over all I give the Bow Hush products a thumbs up on saying what it will do.  There is considerable noise reduction after I installed these items and I have not noticed any loss of performance or very slight performance loss.  Nothing that will take away any hunting opportunities in the future that's for sure.  The next test will come during fall when the "season opener arrives"!

Thankyou for time, good job!
Out for now
Wilson
   :thumbsup:

Offline Ranger58

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Hush and Hush Puppy reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »
I put the Bowhush on both strings for the two sets of limbs for my Palmer and I put the Hushpuppies on my 50# string.  What a difference they make!  My already quiet bow, or at least that is what I thought anyway, is whisper quiet now.  I would recommend both products to anyone wanting to quiet down their bow.  Superior product!  Fast turn-around.  My only suggestion is that they set up someway to do business over the internet.  The snail-mail has just lost it's appeal!
Stickbows, Sidelocks and Flyrods, anything to make it more of a challenge!

Palmer Classic w/ 50@28 and 56@27 limbs
58 Kodiak 45@28
Kodiak 59'er 50@28
1958 Pearson Hunter dual shelf 45@28
and my original longbow I used as a kid.

Offline stikbowshooter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
I ordered mine a few weeks ago and put both the bowhush and hushpuppies on my Blacktail Elite.  What a difference this product makes.  I had all but given up on making this bow as quiet as I wanted.  I fell in love with my bow all over again.  What a great product!

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Where did you find the recommendations? I recieved the product today and still trying to figure out the best way to wrap the wool.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline rastaman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:47:00 PM »
i've replaced all of my string silencers with the hush puppies.  i like them better than anything else i've used.
jmo
Randy
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                              

Randy Keene

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Just orderd more. It's all I use for all my bows. Great stuff.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!!!
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Offline shootssmallbulls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »
Just got mine. I have them on my palmer and bob lee works great A+.

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Okay...so I installed the Bow Hush with no problem. Nice diagram included for those.  I am confused about what to do with the Hush Puppy.  What is it supposed to look like when complete. Anyone have pics or more detailed install instructions? Thanks for helpin' a newbie!   ;)
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline free2bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
Apparently bow hush works for some, but for my friend's bow it did very little to reduce noise.  Plus it made the diameter of the string larger than the width of the recurve's limb grooves, which is probably not a good thing. It was on a 15 strand string, however. May not be a problem on a small diameter string.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
I have used hushpuppys and bow hush on curves and longbows with no hitch. IMO the best bar none! I have a tendcy to ppluck the string and these work great to hush it up.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by free2bow:
Plus it made the diameter of the string larger than the width of the recurve's limb grooves, which is probably not a good thing.  
Not thinking you put it on correctly... loops are not where it is applied.  You end it at the bottom of the loop.

I use both products on my ChekMate Crusader LB, and the hush on my Shrew.  Due to my long draw and "light weight" of the limb, I get slap.  The hush is excellent on quieting it.  I had a chance to Chrono my Crusader this past weekend and a 68" bow, 56#@32 (drawn to 32") threw a 675gr arrow at 170 fps.  So there isn't much more I would want.  Very quiet!!!!!!
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Ga.boy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
I don't think he meant the loop grooves; I think he is referring to the string groove that is present on most recurve limbss. Bowhush will cause the string diameter to exceed groove diameter in some cases, but that has not caused any problems for me so far. I use it on all of my recurves. I ordered 3 more sets a couple of weeks ago, so I should have it soon.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
I just received my River Raisen. Ready to get rid of some string noise. I seen mention of snail mail. Can I find these on the internet at all? If not, how do I get them?

-----------------

Pray Hard. Pray Often.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
Can someone tell me how it takes to get there order from bowhush.com.I think they are a little
slow. has anybody had the same problem.

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Can someone tell me how long it takes to get there order from bowhush.com.I think they are a littleslow. Has anybody had the same problem.

Offline Jeremy

• Associate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
I think Terry addressed a recent delay   HERE  
Shoot him an email.  Things can slip through the cracks
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
I am a patient person, but I must agree. I ordered mine and paid via Paypal on 8/16...I have not heard whether the order was recieved or not. It would be nice to know (for peace of mind) that its being processed or that there is a delay etc.. sent a email yesterday. Of course they could show up in my mailbox today, and then I would feel a bit silly about all of this... Suty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the help I send him a email

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©