INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kabekona River Hunting Bow  (Read 238 times)

Offline Leather

• Trad Bowhunter
Kabekona River Hunting Bow
« on: April 14, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »
I just took delivery of my new Kabekona River Hunting Bow.  This bow is one for the first from G&M Archery in Benedict, MN.  I have to say that I have been a recurve shooter and just could'nt stand the feeling of a long bow until.......I was coaxed into shooting this.  My first impression of the bow after 6 arrows was "this thing points and shoots like a fine over under shotgun"  I was simply amazed.  

The bow is 58" 50#@28".  It has a large grip with some mass to the riser which remove's all hand shock and vibration, somthing I hated about longbows up until now.  The bow made from diamondwood and amber heat treated bamboo.  Reinforced limb tips, and a dynaflite 02 string with whiskers came on the bow as well as a cool inlaid medallion in the back if the riser. For those that are into specs and speed I shot over 195 fps with a nitro lite carbon through the crono.  Speed has never been a concern for me, quiet is the key.  The draw is very smooth without a feeling of stacking, and casts like a R.L. Winston flyrod, however this was with a 50lb bow.

I have yet to do any hunting with this bow but I feel that I might have a couple three of these in my collection over the next few years.  I am very impressed with the G&M design and function.  shoots quietly and acuately and feels like a true hunting weapon.  If you are looking for a new traditional bow drop them a line or if you are in the Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN area stop over and shoot mine.  If I can figure out how to post pics I will or I can email them to anybody interested.
"not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious"

Offline LMCHIEF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kabekona River Hunting Bow
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
glad to hear that you like it so much- i should be getting one before too long. i too have shot a test bow and was very impressed - greg is a great guy. I know the bowyer and he doesnt turn out any junk. good luck with your new companion

Offline jerry womble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
Cory, would you send me some pics please?

Thank you, Jerry

stumpbuster@torchlake.com

Offline Leather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »
I emailed pics yesterday Jerry!

Hope they came in

Cory
"not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious"

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
Hey Cory, I am glad you like the bow, Greg and I put a lot of thought into it and tried many design changes to get it just right, if you have the time, get down to the Straight River archers traditional shoot in Owatawnna(sp?) the weekend of May 1st. Greg and I have donated one for the clubs bow raffle and it looks just like yours. If ya do make it down be sure and look me up, I will be there all weekend.  And Dave, yours is scheduled to be done no later than the ITBS event in Ames memorial weekend.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Fredjake1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©