INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bull Pacs ?  (Read 219 times)

Offline Steve Bell

• Trad Bowhunter
Bull Pacs ?
« on: April 04, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
It's time for a new backpack, and am considering an external frame. Was wondering if anyone here has a Bull Pac or used one, and what you think of them, as far as quality and durability?
There's no such thing as bad weather....only bad clothing

Offline rc shealer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bull Pacs ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
Somebody must have some advice on these packs!  Looking to find something for elk hunting.  Like the badlands packs but wondering how they would be packing out meat since it would be inside the waterproof pack.  Seems like heat would be an issue.  How about the cabelas alaskan?  Anyone have advice?

Online Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »
Uh-oh,....somethin tells me these two may know each other and be lookin to do some wapiti chasin together! Good luck finding some input on them...

Since it's not a "review" per se, I wonder if you may get more exposure to your question on the PowWow, guys?  :D
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Steve Bell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »
Doc, I wondered the same thing, but didn't want to ruffle any feathers, so I posted it here. Maybe we'll give it another day or two and then move it. You're right about us chasin elk this fall. Headin to CO in Sept., we've been shut down the last two years because of fires, so we're itchin pretty bad to get back at em. If our area gets closed down again this year, this might be Mr. Shealer and myself--->   :knothead:
There's no such thing as bad weather....only bad clothing

Offline lobo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »
I have a bull pac and it's hard to imagine a stronger or more comfortable freighter frame.  I carried my 120 pound daughter around the house in comfort when I first tried it on.  It is on the heavy side, though, and a little cumbersome, so I don't hunt with it on.  Once you've got something on the ground and need to haul meat you'll be glad you have it.  I hunt with a Bison Gear pack and have used the Schuh pack in the past-- both are great for day in/day out use.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
I'm going to move this thread to the PowWow, since it is definatley 'trad bowhunting related', and this forum is more for products evaluated by users.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©