INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Rancho Safari  (Read 286 times)

Offline Whiteraven

• Trad Bowhunter
Rancho Safari
« on: March 26, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »
First off hi everybody, I'm new to the tradgang. It looks like a great resource. I have a question about Rancho Safari's Ghilla suit. (pardon the spelling) Anyways has anybody used it, is it as good as they say? What are the pro's and con's of this product?I'm thinking of purchasing one but with limited funds earmarked for hunting, a mistake I cannot afford. thanks for the help :

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rancho Safari
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »
They're excellent, but you have to trim the material on the chest & bow arm short to avoid hanging up the string on release.

They're also kind of uncomfortable to wear in hot weather. Like anything else, they
take a little getting used to, but they're positively awesome for many hunting situations.

You can literally disappear in plain sight with one.   :wavey:    :wavey:
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline BunneyHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »
The only part i dint like about mine was the peices came off all time with simple use.
>>>---Mike-------->                    
"The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way." Mark Twain

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
I hunt from the ground and I use the Ghille Head netting. I trimmed a little off in the front so I could shoot and see a little better but I feel that is has increased or added to the effectiveness of my ASAT. It really breaks up the outline of your head plus it holds my masking scents real well.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
I used the lightweight, short jacket from RS on a hog hunt last week in TX.  It wasn't overly hot in it and it worked well to break up my outline.  I also didn't have any problems with the bowstring getting caught in the jacket.  The lightweight jacket is really a vest that comes down to your waist and doesn't have any arms.  I just wore it over a camo shirt and it worked fine.  I am thinking of enhancing it with some pin on leaves.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Charly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »
I have used the rancho safari ghillie suit on various hunts and after a few modifications(trim off the chest and bow arm)I feel pretty confortable for my next hunts(mostly on ground).here is a pic of me wearing the rancho safari suit  :D  :

charly

Offline Whiteraven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »
Hey Guy's
   Just got back from spring break holidays,and checked for replies to my question. Wow thanks for all the comments, they are greatly apreciated. Needless to say, the opinions posted, helped me in my desicion greatly. This is the first time I've posted at this site, but most asuredly not the last. What a great resource, and to top it all off christianity is not something that is hidden here, but rather rejoiced in. Finally I feel at home on the internet.  :wavey:  

The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the worlds deep hunger meet.(Fredrick Buechner)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©