INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Samick Bows  (Read 430 times)

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
Samick Bows
« on: March 24, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »
I own and shoot 3 of these bows, The Hawkeye, Deerslayer and the Spirit II. I bought the hawkeye on a whim and it is a real shooter. I was so impressed that I bought a Deerslayer and it was a shooter. What really impressed me most was the cost. These replicas are a very good copy of some of our most famous designs. They will not replace a fine custom bow, but for the person who would like to give the old way a go, with out the big expense, they are fine. Most people can't believe the cost of these bows. I have decided to carry the line. Again there is nothing better than a fine custom bow, sometimes the cost can keep a person from owning one up front.  Having a great bow to start with is also important. Samick is one of these.

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Samick Bows
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
What kind of warranties do these bows have?
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
The warranty policy is 100% first year and a degrading liability of no less than than 50% replacement cost for life of bow. with sales receipt. Fair enought I think. Thank's for asking.

Scott Greaves

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
I am interested in buying my first traditional bow. I am interested in a takedown. I like the looks of the Spirit II, it is a takedown right (guessing by how the limbs attach)?
Which do you think would a better choice for a first recurve, the PSE Kudu or Samick Spirit II?
I currently shoot a 70lb compound with 65% letoff everyday after school for at least an hour. Would a 55lb bow be ok?
Thanks
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »
BTW I also like the looks of the Deer Slayer.
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »
The spirit II is no less the bow than the Kudo- I like the Deerslayer for the money a great bow. I offer popular pricing on the Samick line and can get a bow to you in a couple of weeks or less. The deer slayer is a very fast bow with the looks and feel of a much more expensive bow. Please be carefull ordering which ever bow you decide on-- A guy shooting a 70# compound bow can have problems with a 55# traditional bow. I like 45/50# bows - they are esay to shoot and will take anything you want to take. I also would like to say that the Spirit is a nice bow with good looks and the price to go with it. I hope I have helped. Scott

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »
The spirit II is no less the bow than the Kudo- I like the Deerslayer for the money a great bow. I offer popular pricing on the Samick line and can get a bow to you in a couple of weeks or less. The deer slayer is a very fast bow with the looks and feel of a much more expensive bow. Please be carefull ordering which ever bow you decide on-- A guy shooting a 70# compound bow can have problems with a 55# traditional bow. I like 45/50# bows - they are esay to shoot and will take anything you want to take. I also would like to say that the Spirit is a nice bow with good looks and the price to go with it. I hope I have helped. Scott

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »
Thank you for all of the information  :) . I will not be buying a bow for a couple of months ($). I went to your sight, I agree that you do offer great prices. Once I get money I will probly buy from you.

Would GoldTip Hunter 5575 be a good arrow choice?

What point weight would be good?

Thanks
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »
I am more into wood- but the gold tip 55/75 would be alright if you get a 55/60 bow. If you don't pull over 28/29" with recurve you will be in 35/55# range-- Traditional bows need some arrow bend to shoot good. If you go with higher spine - you will need extra weight added to carbon. Let me know.

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
If I went with the 5575's, 50lb bow, 28.5" draw, what weight would be needed to get the correct spine?
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
If the bow is a 55# - I would say you would need 125-150gr tip maybe more. It will have to be trial and error. In my way of thinking a 55# bow will be on the line for spine with the gold tip. You would certainly have a fast bow. I have shot gold tips and they are as good as any, better than a lot.

Scott

Offline Deano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »
I agree that the Samick bows are very good shooters,  I bought a 55#Samick Hawkeye and was very impressed. It was just a bit heavy for me so i bought a 50# Hawkeye because i liked them so much.  The 55 is brand new in the box for sale or trade now.  hisguzzi@yahoo.com  I am keeping the 50#.  Great bows as far as far as i am concerned and much better than some of my higher priced models.

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline BrandoninAZ

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »
Thanks for the offer  :) , but I'm into building my own bows now.
Brandon Twite
->>>------------>

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
The Verna on your site looks like the AIM Viper, is it the same bow? I am impressed with the reports I've seen.
Thanks,
Gene
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Scott Greaves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »
Thank's they are nice and shoot great,

Scott

Offline beckj1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
would happen to have any hawkeyes left. Thanks Jerry

Online George Vernon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Any Samick fans who have had experience with the Birdseye Bullet they can share?

Offline Kingstaken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Just picked up a 45# hawkeye for my older son and a new 40# redstag for my younger son. Adding a Big Jim strap on quiver to each. If they shoot half as good as they lQQk they gonna be two happy boys.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Another good Samick is the Samick Lightning, which was my starter bow! Don't regret that for a sec!  :)
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©