INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ACE Spin-Spine tester  (Read 398 times)

Offline Jethro

• Trad Bowhunter
ACE Spin-Spine tester
« on: February 18, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »
I'm concerned about the acuracy of my spine tester. Can anyone offer any tips on checking or calibrating it? Here are some of my readings, if any of you guys have the time to check them against your testers I would appreciate it. Easton XX78-2117 @ 74lbs, Easton XX75-2216 @ 78lbs, Evolution 500 @ 61lbs, Beman ICS 400 @ 74lbs, and Game Tracker CX Hunter 400 @ 95lbs. Any assistance/advice would sure be appreciated!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline Sparta-T

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACE Spin-Spine tester
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 10:43:00 PM »
It sounds like you are running about 5-6# low.  I have one of Van/TX's spine testers and the numbers it puts out is very similar to those on Kelly's site. (Vendor list/Arrows by Kelly/Arrow spines).  My registers a 2117 at 78-79#.........  TL
Doubt is a traitor that makes us lose what we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
                      Shakespeare

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
Jethro, are you recalibrating the lever for each different shaft...this definately can cause problems.

Joe
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jethro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »
Thanks Sparta-T. JC, Yeah, If I'm doing it right. According to the instructions, I'm suppose to adjust the lever untill the weight is a paper thickness off of the shaft, and then measure. I haven't had a chance to play with it since I posted this thread. I'm gonna take the spines that Sparta-T gave me and those off of the Arrows by Kelly site and see what I may be doing wrong. I do appreciate the help.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©