INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Treesuit  (Read 708 times)

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treesuit
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »
They have a  250 pound weight limit but... to get insurance certification they dropped something like a 300 pound weight 15 or so feet (I am going from memory of a phone conversation months ago) into it with no damage.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »
I have been looking at the Treesuit, and may try to get one before hunting season. I know some of you guys speak highly of it. But, is it really easy to shoot a Longbow or recurve out of,Looks like it would be darn near impossible. Also the sling type seats on some climbing and hang on stands that I have used tend to make noise when you move in them. Is the Treesuit really quite?
 Not being negative,just wandering. I would really like one if these are not an issue.
 Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
Mike,

As with anything else it has it's limitations. I have no trouble at all shooting either my longbow or recurve out of it. The more you use it the more you realize what you can do in it. I have found alot more shooting angles are open to me with the suit than with a tree stand. If you do decide to get one do so with plenty of time to practice with one. If you can get in a tree several times and shoot a quiver full of blunts or judos at stumps and the like, you will have an idea what you can a cannot do. You will find the cans outweigh the cannots.

As for it being quiet, it is as quiet as you can be. Again you learn how to be totally silent in this thing fast. The learning curve is not a big one but there is one. Almost like learning to hunt out of a treestand for the first time the first couple times out.

Once you pack this thing around your waist once on a long walk to the stand you will be glad you got one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©