INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Muck Boots--Edgewaters  (Read 658 times)

Offline Jakeboy at home

• Trad Bowhunter
Muck Boots--Edgewaters
« on: February 01, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
After nothing but disappointment over the years with rubber boots & my stinky Rocky leather/corduras, I decided to try a pair of Muck Boots this past Fall.

I bought the Edgewaters for about $60. They are green/moss colored neoprene upers with a fairly hard rubber foot.

These are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn and I have worn various boots every day for the last 20 years in the Air Force!

They performed perfectly in temps ranging from the upper 90s all the way down to 20 degrees. Below that I needed some toe warmers.

In hot weather the neoprene upper can be folded down to keep your feet cool if desired.

They are completely 100% waterproof. They are also scentproof. I had lots of deer come in from downwind & wasn't winded once this year while on stand. That is a first.

They feel like sneakers, grip the forest floor fairly well and are tough. I am hard on my stuff and I think these will stand the test.

The only negative is that the neoprene picks up stickers & seeds like a magnet.

That is no biggie though. After a busy season of hard use, they are good as new...just a bit dirty!

I will continue to purchase Muck Boots as they are by far the best boots I've ever owned. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Jakeboy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muck Boots--Edgewaters
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »
I have already decided I will have a pair of these before the coming season (from various threads). Can you tell us where you got yours and your advice on size to go to? Thanks
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »
I received a pair for Christmas; I haven’t used them hunting yet. I have only wore them around the back yard, but so far they are the best boot that I have had so far.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »
I thought (back when I decided to have a pair) I wrote down or "bookmarked" the best place to get them but if I did memory fails me and I need help now. Anyone?  :help:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jakeboy at home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »
I bought mine from an internet sight in Texas called "Pam's" something or other. It is a gardening supply sight. Shipped 'em out right away  with free shipping  at a super price.

As far as size, lean a little large. I wear a size 11 1/2 sneaker (but sometimes a 12) so I went with a 12 Muck Boot & they fit perfectly with a pair of thick Merino wool socks.

I'll wear my stinky, leaky Rocky's for Turkey season & save my Muckers for Fall.

Jakeboy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »
Thanks, JakeBoy, I will see if I can find that Pam's site through a search (or in my Bookmarks, under forgotten stuff - LOL)  :p

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »
I just got a pair for Christmas this year and really haven't had a chance to hunt in them. I did wear them doin' outdoor chores this past weekend and I am very pleased. With temps below zero and 5" (+or-) of snow, my feet were completely comfortable. I had surgery on my left foot last Jan. and the right foot about 10 years ago and they tend to get cold really easy. No problems this weekend with just cotton socks. I also have a hard time getting any footwear to fit properly and these boots felt great. Mom-in-law got for me from the Muckboots website(www.muckboots.com I think?) So far, GREAT BOOTS!Oh yeah, I got them a half size bigger than my regular shoe size. Their website has a fitting guide. Mike
Black Widow PLIII  62", 49#@28"
Black Widow TFII 60", 45#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Offline fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »
I bought a pair this year for deer hunting. They are lightweight, easy on/off, waterproof, scent free, very warm and not too hot when it was warm outside. I would give them a 10 out of 10. Craig

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »
Haven't found "Pam's" yet, did find muckboots.com and there Edgewaters are $62.something and don't know about shipping but didn't see anything saying free. I didn't go to final part of order though so am not sure.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Legolas

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »
I have a pair of "Woodsmasters" that are Mucks boots for cold. They state on the boot it is rated to 40 below. I like these boots and they are warm if you are moving around. I will be using these most of the time next season.

But sitting in a treestand at temps around 10-20 degrees I must admit that my toes got cold. I felt fairly comfortable otherwise with the temp.
I will no doubt throw some heater pacs in the toes next time I am out in the below 20 degrees and sitting.  My feet are comfortable at these cold temps. IF I am moving.

Paul
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »
I would've definitely wanted the Woodsmasters when I was living in Maine (at least) but shouldn't need them in NC. I used to go out in that cold up there but down here if it gets that cold (and it does sometimes) I stay home for a day or two mostly. LOL The Edgewaters should be OK, I think.
Still looking for the best site to buy a pair from.
Anyone?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jakeboy at home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »
Bernie,

Here's the pam's Gift Gallery site:

www.pamsgifts.com/Products

Jakeboy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
Thanks, Jakeboy.  :thumbsup:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »
A kind gentleman, Mr. Paul Mullins, saw my queries here and sent me an e-mail. It seems a feed store near him sells Muck boots and it is where he got his. He offered to check stock for a pair for me at their reasonable price if I'd supply stats for my "foots".
I understand a lot of feed stores and horsey places handle them, as well as garden shops. Anyway the upshot of the whole thing is the gent picked me up a pair and sent them my way - and didn't even wait for my money order to get there first (partly so we'd know shipping cost but mostly out of a good heart and trust, I prefer to think). So again the circle (of trad decency)is continued and I   will have a pair of Edgewater Muck Boots, not only for this deer season but for Spring Turkey season as well. Thank you Paul.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Legolas

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »
Bernard,
My pleasure. Just paying it forward.  :D  

Paul Mullins
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »
Got the Muck Boots yesterday, tried 'em on and I was "stylin' and profilin'" - Man those things are light and good support for ankles. I can't wait to "let them go hunting" - LOL Thanks for the huss (help), Paul. (Neat Handle BTW)  :thumbsup:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Legolas

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
Just an update. I have been wearing my Muckboots "Woodmasters" (cold temp. boot)this Spring turkey hunting and even though the temps are warm they have been a pleasure.Shows  the range of comfort these boots afford. I am going up and down steep hills, crossing creeks, and find they are quite comfortable. I like the camo print on the uppers and they blend in well with the forest floor.When I get home they come off easier than my green LaCrosse boots as they have that extension on the heels you can use to help slide them off. I really like these boots and now will use them for deer and turkey seasons.

Paul

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »
I wore mine (that Paul helped me get) for the first time (hunting)on the one turkey hunt I got to go on this year. Very comfortable walking, sitting, and when I got ready to leave it was getting pretty warm so I folded the tops down (at the truck) as the literature had advised. My feet cooled on the way home. I sat down on a hassock at home and told my wife they said you can pull these off with one hand, now we'll see. I could! I love these things! They are gonna be so nice come deer season. Thanks for the help, Paul.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TOMRAY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
I have been using muck boots for the last two years! I like them so well I'm tring to become dealer, I don't have a delear price sheet as yet, but I will do my best to be competitive so check with me before you buy. "TOMMY'S OUTDOOR STORE" ttomray6789@yahoo.com  I also sell knife's at a good price. My goal is to supply traditional archers with the stuff they want at a good price!

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the posts guys.

Been wanting to try a pait for quick after work hunts....sound like these are the ticket.
tarz@tradgang.com

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

' An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to execution' - Me

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2019 ~ Trad Gang.com ©