3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang Member of the Week

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang 2018 St Judes Auction ~ BIDDING IS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Author Topic: Valkyrie Archery  (Read 509 times)

Offline Scott Barr

• Trad Bowhunter
Valkyrie Archery
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »
Wow!   I purchased the pricey Valkeyrie Archery arrows about a year ago.  I have been amazed that the amount of use I have thrust upon them does not show.  Even the 1.5 inch four-fletching that was built for me by Brett of Valkyrie keep their shape and do not peel off---  all the more surprising given that they have gone clean through bales several time, which usually ends up trashing lesser fletching.

But the reason I write today is because this day, at 10 yards and full draw, I shot straight into a metal angle bar that holds the bale together.  The shaft and the knock separately came flying back at me. I felt for certain that the shaft was shattered.  Instead, what I found after digging out the point from the metal, is that the proprietary field point was as good as new and sharp. Entirely undamaged along with the fletching.  I carefullly nspected the integrity of the shaft. Good. I just put the piecies back together and good to go.

I know that these arrows are pricey.  But in the long run, I am finding them a good economic value over time, since I am not replacing arrows. The EFOC comes standard on these arrows and flies more like a bullet with less arch than a shaft. But now I am finding them economical.

Scott

Online shamus275

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Valkyrie Archery
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 09:30:56 PM »
I’ve also found them to be very tough and they fly better than pieced together EFOC arrows. I’ve only managed to bend one centerpin but that was completely by mistake. That mistake being that I thought I was good enough to shoot on an extreme angle between the metal posts in my basement...hit that sucker dead center at 5yds. It didn’t break my arrow but did bend the pin inside the outsert to the point of it not wanting to come out so I took it off, put another on and I’m still shooting that arrow.

I just spent another $100 today on another set of field points and outserts for a new dozen arrows.
JK Traditions 60" Kanati 44@28"
JK Traditions 56" Kanati 46@28" (on order)

Offline el greco

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
Thanks for the review folks. Those just might be my next set of arrows.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Dave Earley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:58:15 AM »
I have shot them two seasons now, killed 5 deer, 4 pass throughs with undamaged arrows, and 1 full penetration that resulted in a broken shaft.  All with the same two heads; my other Valykrie heads simply sit there and look pretty in my quiver !  My groups are tighter too, I am happy to say.   And Brent is a stand up guy.
Dave Earley

"Papa shoot arrows at deer, we eat tasty steaks !"  Matt, my 3 yr old grandson.
Leon Stewart Slammer 64"  55#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©