INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Super Duper Hog info thread  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super Duper Hog info thread
« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »
Yea Mike, I've heard that way too many times. The other saying is "I swear, I hit him perfect".... That also translates to, "the shot was a bit far back".. LOL!

Shoot them quartering away or break that danged shoulder bone!!! CK

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »
I mentioned in one of my posts on this thread about hog "beds". Just found a photo of one with my recurve sitting next to it for perspective..the recurve is a 60 inch bow...

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline yleecoyote23

• Contributing Member 2018
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
To the top for everyone!! And so I can finish reading and printing all this GREAT info!!!!  :thumbsup:  

Thanks to everyone for all their expertise and advice here!!
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Lot of hog talk lately.....so I'm bringing this one back up for some fine reading......
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang  ~   Loop Addictions

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Here's a pic of a tree the hogs evidently love to rub in one of the areas I hog hunt. This particular tree is in a low spot in a dike that separates a swamp from the hardwoods. I kept planning to come back and sit on this spot but never did as I was having to much fun chasing the hogs...

LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
LOL! I was just thinking about this thread the last few days. Almost a year has past since this thread and I've learned so much new stuff in that years time. Hogs are so much fun and not very easy to gather data on. Just last night I got 133 pics of hogs on trailcam.  I watched a mud hole last week until some pigs showed up and started running and playing like little kids in the water and mud. Trying some new scents, baits, vocalizations. I now have several wild hogs as pets and it's helped very much in understanding their speech and what and when they use certain vocalizations. Cool animals! Lots of fun to study. So, who has something we should talk about? CK

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©