3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang Member of the Week

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang 2018 St Judes Auction ~ BIDDING IS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Author Topic: Early Tamerlane question  (Read 211 times)

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Early Tamerlane question
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »
Can anyone comment on the reliability of the early Tamerlanes ('62-'66) without the high compression (HC)limbs? As good as the HC's or...?
Aim small,miss small

Online reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Early Tamerlane question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
No I can't but I did dust my '66 off a few years ago to try some field archery and was sadly disappointed in its speed.  I could hardly reach the 60 yarder and I used to shoot this bow regularly in field archery in the late 60 and 70s. I put it back in the truck and pulled out a warf with 35# modern limbs and it shot much flatter.
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Early Tamerlane question
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
My '63 32lb one I had, shot the 80yd walk up target just fine shooting split and in the Instinctive Division (no sights) with 1616 24srt aluminums with 1.75-inch Hamiltons Plasti-Flex fletching.  Actually it haad a flatter  arrow arc than a '62 48lb K Mag with 1816's with nibs and 3-inch feathers I also shot at that time.  Impressive bows for their period and mine shot as well if not better than my friends Wing Presentation, but not better than two of my friends black painted risered Black Widows which were also fine bows.  However, those early Tamerlanes may not match well to some of todays target bows as Regdogge said above and has field experience with.  Today, my preference are slightly older rosewood Bears from '59 to '62 with their classic riser designs, and they are what they are in their performance, which is good enough for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©